What are the eligibility requirements to hire?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a Provisional/Full Driving License
- Have a driving record that meets the following requirements: No more than 6 penalty points on your driving license.
- Have a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) Certificate. (Information about CBT here.)
How do I hire?
- Contact us via the website or submit your details on the registration page here
How to Hire
How do I hire a scooter?
- Once you have contacted us via the website a member of the team will contact you about what happens next.
For how long can I hire for?
- One week is the minimum hire period.
Is there a deposit to pay?
- Yes, you must pay a £200 deposit prior to hiring the scooter which is refunded once the vehicle is returned.
What scooters do you have?
- We use Honda Vision 110cc
Do scooters have automatic or manual transmissions?
- All scooters have twist and go throttles for ease of riding.
What if the vehicle is damaged?
- Before you ride away a hire agreement will be completed and signed by yourself. Any existing damage will be marked on the hire agreement and pictures of the vehicle will be taken (Important: we encourage customer to take their own pictures as well).
What if I am involved in an accident?
Please follow these steps below if involved in an accident (further advise on what to do after an accident can be read here ):
- Call the emergency services if there are any injuries, damage to either vehicle involved, or if you believe you are not at fault. Having a police report is your best defence during an insurance investigation.
- Contact us on email@example.com to tell us there's been an accident.
- Collect the following information:
- If someone was injured, note whether the individual was taken from the scene in an ambulance, and find out which hospital they were taken to.
- Record when (date and time) and where the incident happened.
- Get the contact details for all parties involved, including the driver's name (and vehicle owner, if different from the driver), phone number, address, licence number, insurance company and policy number, vehicle registration plate number and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- If there was damage to an object (fence, sign, post, etc), get the contact information of the owner.
- Protect your version of the incident:
- Take pictures of all damage and the scene of the accident. This is very important for any insurance claim that might be filed.
- Get independent witnesses. Your passengers, family and friends do not count as independent witnesses. If any other bystanders witnessed the incident, ask for their contact details and get them to write down what they saw.
- Take note if any party apologises or accepts responsibility for the incident. If possible, get it in writing and notify us of this information.
Suggested Reading: On The Importance Of Helmet Camera
Unfortunately your ability to hire another scooter maybe suspended, until we obtain all of the details about the accident. For insurance purposes, we have to complete a thorough investigation, but you will be notified as soon as your suspension has been lifted. This process usually takes about 2-3 weeks. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Does the scooters come with breakdown cover?
All vehicles are covered with breakdown assist. When you hire a vehicle you will be given details of who to contact in such an event.
Insurance and Damage
What is a damage fee and when does it apply?
- Insurance is included, but if you happen to be involved in an incident a damage fee of up to £500 may apply. A damage fee can apply for dents, scratches, collisions, flat tyres, batteries (from leaving the lights on), engine problems, vandalism, theft, and third party damages.
- If a sufficiently insured third party is found to be 100% at-fault, then you (the customer) would not be responsible for the damage fee. Customers are also not responsible for normal wear and tear on the vehicle. However, the fee does apply to damage caused by unavoidable events such as floods, hail, wind, trees falling, etc.
- Before riding away on the scooter you and a member of the team will check the scooter and report any damage. This ensures that you will not be held responsible for damage that may have happened before your reservation.
What happens during an accident investigation?
- Your first responsibility is to contact our insurance company and give them the information about the incident (details of who to contact will be in the hire agreement.
- If you believe anything was unusual or you have some concerns (for example, maybe there was pre-existing damage), let the insurance company know.
- We will inspect the vehicle for damages and it roadworthiness.
- If an insurance claim is necessary, one will be filed with the appropriate company. If you receive any communications from the other party or their insurer, please notify us as quickly as possible with their information (including company name, adjuster name, claim number, and phone number).
- You will be notified via email when all the steps of the investigation are complete and, based on the estimate of damage we receive from our repair shop, and whether or not a damage fee applies.
Charges and billing information
When will I be charged for the hire of the scooter?
- The hire deposit, first week payment (or monthly payment, depending on your choice) plus any additional charges such as equipment or delivery must be paid in advance.
Are there any additional charges?
- You will be provided with a full breakdown of charges prior to you receiving the vehicle.